On September 07, 2020, The Foundation for Innovative Packaging and Sustainability was established with the combined vision of three experienced packaging professionals.
FIPS is registered as a non-Government, non-Profit organization under Section 8(1) of the Companies Act,2013 (CIN: U85300MH2020NPL345503).
FIPS was envisioned by Prof. Dr N.C. Saha, Former Director and Principal Executive Officer, Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP), Govt. of India, India’s premier Institute in Packaging Technology. He is an internationally acclaimed professional with 33 years of experience in Packaging Science and Technology.
Along with him, two of his professional colleagues enthusiastically shared his vision:
- Prof Dr.Anup K. Ghosh, a distinguished and renowned Professor for three decades in the Polymer Science & Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India and a Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India
- Mr Mrinal K Banerjee, an innovator with 55 patents to his credit (out of 156 patents applied globally) and a thought leader in the field of laminated and extruded tube packaging and allied polymer conversion field including of printing and decoration over three decades.
Aims of FIPS
By creating a vibrant Knowledge Platform in the domain of packaging and sustainability, FIPS aims to fulfil 10 key objectives:
- For sharing knowledge by collaborating with reputed R&D Institutions, Colleges, Universities and industries in India and abroad
- To provide expertise and technical support towards Research & development activities for the development of innovative packaging materials by using natural resources for packaging applications
- To act as a platform for translating R & D for commercial applications
- To assist start-up companies with packaging design & development
- Explore cutting–edge technologies for the conversion of post-consumer packaging waste into value added product
- To help reduce littering and environmental damage and pollution a
- Engage self-help women’s groups by encouraging them towards “Waste to Wealth” projects
- To create a revenue-neutral business model
- To assist the objectives of attaining UN Goals for a Circular economy
- To help to create a sustainable green environment for the betterment of society.